Outdoor Education Camp 2017
2017 Outdoor Education Camp Starts June 5th and Ends June 9th
Monday, June 5 - 8 am to 3 pm
Tuesday, June 6 - 8 am to noon
Wednesday, June 7 - 8 am to noon
Thursday, June 8 - 8 am to noon
Friday, June 9 - 8 am to 3 pm
KIDS OUTDOOR EDUCATION CAMP is a non-profit education program developed by the Northland Arboretum in 2008 for boys and girls ages 10 through 13.
Our week long Outdoor Education Camp provides students with a unique hands-on opportunity to engage with the natural world, nature sciences, ecosystems, nature skills, and interaction with educators on a variety of subjects, and share in community diversity with their fellow students. Each year students along with many teachers and leaders join our dynamic, well educated, and passionate staff to enjoy the wonders of the outdoors.
Activities include: mammals, nature photography, pond ecology, compass orienteering, birding, tree identification and forestry, team building, outdoor survival, migration game, blue birds, the secret life of weeds, forestry/tree identification, mind body and spirit - using the fitness trail. Journaling and snacks included each day and a picnic on the last day.
COST FOR THIS PROGRAM IS $105.00 PER STUDENT
Outdoor Education Camp Goals:
- To present a safe outdoor environment for all who participate.
- To provide an environment that nurtures learning and growth.
To teach awareness and about positive stewardship of the Earth:
- Human impact on the natural environment.
- How to better care and use the natural resources we have.
- To get the students into the outdoors to show the benefit of a healthy lifestyle.
- Positive communication
- Creative problem solving methods
- Shared leadership, encouragement and support
- Adaptive management styles, giving and receiving feedback, cooperation and collaboration.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION 219-829-8770